Wednesday 2 March 2011

THE STEEP CLIMB

The climb to Mountain Afadjato in the Eastern Region of Ghana was one 'Hell' of an experience literally speaking. My course mates and i decided to climb the tallest Mountain in Ghana and my oh my, it is true what they say that many are called but few are chosen. About 70% of my course mates quit halfway through the climb. but i am proud to say that i made it to the top HURRAY. Below is a picture of me looking down at the settlements below the foot of the mountain. The view is simply breathtaking. The climb took about two hours and equiped with ma bottle water as well as sachet water and my hand fan(under my armpit), i was able to slowly but steadily make the climb.

Taking a few stops on the way to fan myself and take a few sips of my well managed water. i kept passing by people breathing heavily and sweating profusely and too tired to make it, but they were determined to make it to the top of the mountain. It was like a competition and it felt like if you get the mountain you would be given a gold medal or something.lol i wish but i guess we all wanted to feel like we had accomplished something great. And that is exactly how i felt when i got to the top of the mountain. The reward was the breathtaking view and the clean fresh air. It was just beautiful.

Breathtaking view from the top of Mt. Afadjato in the Volta Region of Ghana.

After a tedious descent to the foot of the mountain which left my legs wobbly. We(me and my friends) had to hike through the mountains for an additional hour to see the Tagbo Falls. I complained most of the way there and i was soo hungry i nearly returned to the bus, but my friends encouraged me and it really paid off. i was speechless when i saw the waterfall and my some of my friends were already there(those who couldnt make the climb). They started sreaming and shouting and splashing water everywhere which includes moi.lol it was so much fun and am glad i went for the  trip!                                                                                               
                                             A section of my friends at Tagbo Falls in th Volta Reg. of Ghana.


ps: the date is supposed to be 2010, i didn't set the time on my digi-camera. hehehe

6 comments:

  1. I am Soooo Climbing this mountain too...can i go on my own???..where is it anyway???

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! good one girl!
    the only time i ever climbed a mountain was back in nigeria- it wasnt even really a mountain, it was a very tall ancient rock "olumo rock"
    and i couldnt even make it to the top,lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks kitkat, hopefully u'll make it to the top next time.lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is in the Volta Region,Ghana. and sure u can go on your own but it is more fun to do the climb in a group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I cant believe you made it. Congrats!! you must be athletic :)


    Fashion Rehab

    ReplyDelete
  6. @fashion Rehab, am not really athletic but i felt like if i don't get to the top i would always wonder how it would feel like to have gotten there.lol

    ReplyDelete